This is Where…
You Receive Health Care At Home
Home Health offers intermittent care to those who are confined to the home with an illness or following surgery.
Who We Are
Home Health is a provider of home health services to individuals on an intermittent basis who are confined to the home with an illness or following surgery. We assist individuals and families in making a smooth transition from the hospital or nursing facility to home. Additionally, those currently at home who are experiencing a change in care needs may also receive services.
Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances cover home health services. We directly bill all covered services for you.
Our Team and Services
Depending on your needs, WVU Medicine Home Health can provide a variety of in-home services to assist with your on-going recovery.
- Specialized assessment of individual health needs
- Medication instruction
- Administration and instruction of infusion therapy
- Total parenteral nutrition
- Hydration and pain management
- Wound management and dressing changes
- Foley catheter care
- Enteral tube feeding care instruction
- Ostomy instruction
- Specialized education program for diabetes, congestive heart failure, and chronic -obstructive pulmonary disease
- Discharge planning
Other Home Services
- Return to maximum functioning after joint repair and replacement
- Rehabilitation therapy for strengthening and range of motion
- Instruction on ambulation and the use of walkers, canes, and other assistive devices
Assist the patient to attain the maximum level of physical and psychosocial independence
- Fine motor coordination
- Perceptual-motor skills
- Sensory testing
- Adaptive or assistive equipment training
- Daily living activities
- Specialized upper arm or hand therapies
- Environmental safety
- Swallowing problems after stroke
- Head injury
- Throat surgery or other diseases
Medical Social Workers*
- Financial matters
- In-home care coordination
- Community resources
Home Health Aides*
- Personal hygiene and grooming
*These services are available when receiving skilled nursing or therapy services.
Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide the highest quality of care in all counties WVU Medicine Home Health United Hospital Center serves.